Peace Co-Operative Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How the name peace! came to me

Go down

How the name peace! came to me Empty How the name peace! came to me

Post by Lion Mon May 23, 2016 3:59 am

I don't like corporations and advertising at all, but I do keep my eye on what they promote. I was sitting in Barclay's before I knew how bad they were and reading through a magazine about their "products" and there was this thing about brands and how snappy one liners stick in the mind, or abbreviation. I thought about this and it's shockingly true how the high street is all the same, one word brands. Think of fashion you get nike, prada, and the same can be said for any industry. (even my spellchecker don't like brands as words unless there is a capital letter in front). So one word to conceptualise the idea is peace. The exclamation mark is self evident, but for completeness;

The exclamation mark (Commonwealth English) or exclamation point (American English) is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting), and often marks the end of a sentence. Example: “Watch out!” Similarly, a bare exclamation mark (with nothing before or after) is often used in warning signs.

The mark can also be used at the beginning of a word instead of at the end. For example, several computer languages use "!" for logical negation; e.g. "!A" means "the logical negation of A", also called "not A". There are many other specialized uses of this mark, such as in mathematics where it denotes the factorial operation.
(source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is however (as can be said often with the english language) ulterior meanings and definitions;

You can also use exclamation marks to mark a phrase as humourous, ironic or sarcastic.
(source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll let everyone have fun trying to figure out how I was intending on using it!

But why Peace? In my more enthusiastic days i produced a newsletter, some of this makes me cringe, but the utopianist is still alive in me, just a bit more real these days; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It was on the back of this that Mannie offered to produce the artwork for us that is on the group [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now we want to go beyond anything we have managed before and get a project off the ground with the help of our new friends.

Any discussion on the name, logo and anything else we can think of can hopefully happen here for now.

P.s. The original, now disused forum that the previous incarnation took looked like this for reference, this time we are K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple, Stupid!): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Lion on Mon May 23, 2016 4:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Afterthought)

Lion
Admin

http://peacecoop.makeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum